David Petraeus Just Spotted Something About WikiLeaks Everyone Missed, Instantly Goes Public

Former CIA director David Petraeus stated at a tech company summit earlier this week in southern California that the latest dump of documents by WikiLeaks could be as damaging as those released by Edward Snowden in 2013.

“It clearly is on the order of the damage done by Snowden,” the retired general told The Montgomery Conference in Santa Monica, which is attended by tech company executives and venture capitalists, KPCC reported.

Snowden’s documents revealed the vast capabilities of the National Security Agency and other government spy arms to view Americans’ emails, phone records, and listen in on their cell phone conversations.

The documents released by WikiLeaks last week exposed the techniques the CIA and other agencies use to hack cell phones, computers, tablets and even smart TVs to conduct surveillance. The government can listen to and watch the subjects of surveillance using the devices’ mics and cameras.

The CIA also has the ability to make the breaches appear to be from a source other than the U.S. government, such as from Russia.

Petraeus observed that a further fallout of the WikiLeaks dump will be to make it more difficult for intelligence companies to cooperate with tech companies.

“This will damage the relationship that was being reestablished with IT companies in the wake of the Snowden revelations,” he said. “They did enormous damage to those relationships and there was a rebuilding process that was going on, and I’m afraid this could set that back a bit.”

The CIA declined to comment on the authenticity of the documents released by WikiLeaks, but the agency affirmed it must stay on the cutting edge of technology in order to protect the United States.

“CIA’s mission is to aggressively collect foreign intelligence overseas to protect America from terrorists, hostile nation states and other adversaries. It is CIA’s job to be innovative, cutting-edge, and the first line of defense in protecting this country from enemies abroad. America deserves nothing less,” the agency said in a statement.

The CIA also noted that it “is legally prohibited from conducting electronic surveillance targeting individuals here at home, including our fellow Americans, and CIA does not do so.”

 

As reported by Western Journalism, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said during a press conference Thursday that he will share more details about CIA hacking techniques with tech companies, including Apple and Samsung, so they can “develop fixes” to thwart the spy agency’s efforts.

“There’s absolutely nothing to stop a random CIA officer” or even a contractor from using the technology, Assange said. “The technology is designed to be unaccountable, untraceable. It’s designed to remove traces of its activity.”

What do you think? Scroll down to comment below.

Source: Western Journalism

One thought on “David Petraeus Just Spotted Something About WikiLeaks Everyone Missed, Instantly Goes Public

  • March 11, 2017 at 2:21 pm
    Permalink

    the SEED has been planted and there have already been so MANY LIES how do you expect we the people to believe ANYTHING any of the intelligence groups say????????? I for one do not believe any of them including COMEY! YOU AND YOU ALONE HAVE caused such doubt we will NEVER trust you again…I got rid of my phones had the one in my car removed smashed my phone…if you want to spy on me do the leg work don’t cheat…you put a black mark on ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS…. for that YOU WILL NEVER BE TRUSTED…NOT NOW NOT EVER thank yourself for that… You wanna do us a favor? PUT THE ELITES that deserve prison behind bars and theres a time limit on that and its about to run out… then maybe we’ll talk w/you…until then stay out of my phone my house my car my TV and any other way you spy on me…OBAMA and you have ruined this country…

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *